Workshop: Getting started with Azure Functions
You wanted to get into serverless computing on Azure but didn’t have the time yet to figure it all out? In this hands-on training, you’ll learn how to write, test and deploy your .NET Core functions with confidence. Topics covered include:
- How Azure Functions fits in an event-driven architecture.
- Function triggers & bindings (HTTP, timer, storage)
- Durable Functions (function orchestrations)
- Unit testing functions
- Local debugging
- Configuring build & release pipelines with Azure DevOps
Objective of the workshop
In this workshop you will learn:
- How Azure Functions fit in an event-driven architecture.
- How to write functions in C#/.NET Core using Visual Studio / VS Code.
- How to unit test your functions.
- How to orchestrate your functions.
- How to configure a build/release pipeline in Azure DevOps
Required audience experience
A basic understanding of .NET & Azure is needed to follow the content of this workshop.